Support for SharePoint 2010 and Stefan
Two things to cover off in this blog entry.
Stefan Goßner is one the the Few and the Proud when it comes to worldwide SharePoint support. His blog is the public entrypoint into his wisdom and experience regarding SharePoint. (He works for Microsoft as a SharePoint Support Engineer in Germany). Please add his blog to your newsreader (or flipboard, if you are a millenial?) Stefan can be found online here: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/stefan_gossner/2015/
Second, let’s finish the work with SharePoint Server 2010 byt quoting from his blog. Still on SharePoint 2010? (extended edition).
Today is October 14th, 2015 which means that Mainstream support for SharePoint 2010 is over. SharePoint 2010 is now in extended support.
What does this mean for you as customer if you are still using SharePoint 2010?
- We recommend to upgrade to SharePoint 2013.
- Only security related hotfixes will be created for SharePoint 2010. Any other problems in our product will not be fixed (except for customers who purchased xtended Hotfix Support through Premier Support).
- Support cases which are caused by problems in our product will no longer be free of charge.
- You will still get paid-support (including pay-per-incident Premier and Essential Support) through Microsoft Customer Support Services.
- You can still get product-specific information using the online Microsoft Knowledge Base or Support site at Microsoft Help and Support to find answers to technical questions
For more details see our Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy FAQ:
OK, now that we have that out of the way, back to our regularly scheduled programming.